Thursday, June 11, 2009

why the Chevy HHR is the most obnoxious car I've ever driven...

The first few days of this week I was in Minnesota on a project for work. The rental vehicle that I picked up at MSP was a white Chevy HHR. (I didn't include the color in my assessment of obnoxiousness, but white is my least favorite color for a car)

Over the three days I experienced the following:
1) The windshield and windows are very small.
2) I found it odd that the tachometer was in the center of the dash, and the spedometer was off to the side. It made looking at my speed sort of, well, obnoxious. : )
3) You can't put on your seatbelt with the armrest down, because it covers where the belt buckes in. But then you need to put the armrest back down because there is no center console.
4) The evening of the first day, after driving three hours in the car, I noticed I had bruises on the outsides of my pinky fingers. It wasn't until the next day that I figured out why. While many steering wheels have some version of a horizontal "x" configuration, this particular one had a "t" shape inside it. Therefore I could not rest my hand at the bottom of the wheel as I normally would while using cruise control on the highway. I had to hold onto the bottom sides. NOT comfortable.
5) Day two I opened the front door to get in, and the bottom of the door went right into my shin.
6) Day three, as I was getting ready to drive back to the airport, I put my suitcase on the back seat. Oh! but I had left something I the front seat that needed to go into my bag! So I go to get it and *WHAM* - another huge and painful bruise on my thigh. Because the shape on the inside of the door doesn't match the outside. I will illustrate with a picture below....

Needless to say, I will not be driving one of these again.

1 comment:

  1. Obnoxious and Ugly! I don't think I've ever seen one of those thing.

    ReplyDelete