Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Olympic training

Olympic Peninsula, that is. In just about a month I'll be traveling out there from Portland with Tim and Erika. Yay, vacation! But it occurred to me that we'll probably be hiking or walking around quite a bit - at much higher elevations than I am used to! And I want to be able to go and do everything that we want! So I got out on the bike last Saturday for a 7.5 mile ride, and then rode to and from work yesterday (11.2 miles). I had wanted to do the same today, but realized I'll need to build up to it. I hadn't been able to ride earlier in the year because the weather had been so miserable, and then it jumped to uber-hot! If I can ride to work several days a week (and keep the eating in check), I should be in a bit better shape by July 17! I'll check in with some progress updates....

This is from the top of a VERY large hill that I have to surmount at the beginning of every bikeride to work. I go above my anaerobic threshold every time (above 173 bpm).

1 comment:

  1. Great Job! I don't think I could ride in this heat. That should get you in shape in no time!

    ReplyDelete